Biographic Sketch of Dominic Lu, DDS
Dr. Lu received his B.A. degree from Soochow University and his diploma in acupuncture at the Present-Day Institute of Chinese Medicine in Hong Kong. After receiving his D.D.S. in 1971 from Indiana University at Indianapolis, and following hospital residency training he joined the faculty of the New York Medical College where he was an assistant professor and director of the dental division at one of the Medical College’s Institutes.
He is a certified Fellow in General Anesthesia of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology; a Fellow of the Royal Society of Health, England; and a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry; and Diplomat of General Anesthesia, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. Since 1974, he has been a Fellow of International College of Dentists. He also holds an acupuncture license in the State of New York, and has taught acupuncture as a visiting professor at International College of Acupuncture and Electro-therapeutics in New York.
He was elected to the American Academy of Oral Medicine in 1977, and also elected to the New York Academy of Science in 1985. From 1975 to 2012, he was on the teaching staff of the General Practice Residency programs at both Allentown and Muhlenberg sites of Lehigh Valley Hospital. He is a consultant to the Sacred Heart Hospital Division of Dentistry. He had also maintained a private general practice in New Tripoli, PA, and has lectured extensively in The United States and abroad. He has numerous scientific publications in various medical and dental journals. He held a faculty appointment from 1978-89 as Consultant of Hospital Dentistry, and the Chief Coordinator of the Overseas Dental Education Development Program at Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Dentistry. In 1981, he had become the second of only two Pennsylvania dentists nominated and eleted Fellow of Royal Society of Medicine, Great Britain. The organization consists mainly of physicians and surgeons in Britain and several of its commonwealth member nations. From 1983 to 1999 he served as the Director of General Practice Residency program at Lehigh Valley Hospital and has made the Lehigh Valley Hospital an affiliated dental campus of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was appointed as a Consultant to the ADA Commission of Dental Accreditation from 1984 – 1990 and served as an on-site inspector and evaluator of dental schools and hospital/dental residency programs throughout the United States for American Dental Association.
Currently, he is Clinical Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and formerly, he was Clinical Professor of Oral Medicine and the course director of the Selective Program of Pain & Anxiety Control at University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. He was the Director of Medical & Dental Externship Education, and Chief of Special Care Division of Dentistry at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Penn State University College of Medicine. He is on several Editorial Boards of national and international dental and medical journals. Since 2000, he has been the President of American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry and also the Co-chairman of Continuing Education for the Society. He is currently the editor-in-chief for the Journal of Clinical Anesthesia and Pain management, an international journal, and also on the editorial boards and the review boards of several medical and dental journals.
CURRICULUM VITAE June 5, 2017
DOMINIC POYLE LU
Contact information: 1810 BLUE BARN ROAD
OREFIELD, PA 18069
Date of Birth: January 2, 1940
1959-1963 B.A. Soochow University, Literature
1958-1959, 1962-1964 Certificate Institute of Chinese Acupuncture and
1964-1965 Diploma Institute of Present-Day Chinese Medicine,
1967-1971 D.D.S. Indiana University, Indianapolis
Postgraduate Training and Fellowship Appointments:
1971-1972 Resident, General Practice Residency in Dentistry,
Catholic Medical Center Of Brooklyn & Queens –
Fairleigh Dickinson University Affiliate
1972-1973 Resident, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, ibid
1973-1974 Preceptorship in Dental General Anesthesia, ibid, and
Long Island Jewish Hospital
1974 Fellow In General Anesthesia, American Dental Society Of Anesthesiology
1977 Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry
1974 – 75 Assistant Professor of Clinical Dentistry, New York Medical College
1975 – 2012 Attending Teaching Staff To General Practice Residents Of Lehigh Valley Hospital, Sacred Heart Hospital, and Muhlenberg Hospital
1978 – 86 Consultant Of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery And Anesthesiology, Fairleigh Dickinson University
1978 – 79 Visiting Professor, National Taiwan University Faculty of Dentistry
1983 – 98 Director of General Practice Residency Program in Dentistry, Lehigh Valley Hospital, PA – a major teaching affiliate of Milton Hershey College of Medicine, Penn State University
1983 – 89 Chief Coordinator of International Dental Education Development Program, Joint Appointment by Departments Of Oral Surgery and Hospital Dentistry, Fairleigh Dickinson University
1983 – 1989 Consultant and Adjunct Professor of Hospital Dentistry, Fairleigh Dickinson University
1994 – 1998 Clinical Associate Professor of Oral Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
1994 -2013 Course Director, Selective Program on Pain and Anxiety Control, University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine
1994 – 2004 Guest Lecturer, “Behavior Management” (Second Year Curriculum), University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
1994 – 2005 Faculty, John & Dorothy Morgan Cancer Center – John Hopkins University Affiliate
2007- Visiting Professor, International College of Acupuncture and Electro-therapeutics
1998 – 2001 Professor of Oral Medicine, Associated Faculty of the School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
2001 – 2017 Clinical Professor of Oral Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
2005 – Guest Professor, National Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Stomatology (Shanghai Second Medical University)
2010- Visiting Professor, Ningxia Medical University
2010- Visiting Professor, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi’an, China
2017- Clinical Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,
University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine
1963 – 64 Commissioned Second Lieutenant, Army, R.O.C.
1969, January 8 Honorary Citizen of Indianapolis, Indiana, Appointed by Mayor Richard G. Lugar (Late U.S. Senator and Chairman of The Senate Foreign Relations Committee)
1975 – 2013 Dentist-in-charge, Dental Health Program, Northwestern Lehigh School District, Pennsylvania
1975 – Private Practice, major directions are acupuncture and and hypnosis for cancer patients, prosthetics with interest on precision and semi-precision attachments, overdentures, maxillofacial prosthesis; restorative dentistry under conscious sedation, general anesthesia, general acupuncture or hypnosis for fearful or mental or physically compromised patients
1987 – 2015 Founder and President, Allentown Mutual Aid Program Group (dedicated to assisting participating dentists in case of illness, disability or sudden death)
1984 – 1991 Consultant, American Dental Association, Council of Dental Education
1984 – 1991 Consultant and On-Site Evaluator and Inspector of Dental Schools and Hospital GPR Residency Programs, ADA Commission of Dental Accreditation
1988 – 1990 Board of Directors, National Organization of Chinese Americans, Lehigh Valley Chapter
1990 – 2011 Consultant, Dental Advisory Committee, Spectrum Administrators Health Insurance Plan
1998 – Executive Board of Directors, American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry (which, founded in 1929, is an ADA Component Society)
1998 – Executive Board of Directors, International College of Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics
1998 – 2003 Executive Board of Directors, Lehigh Valley Dental Society
1999 – 2003 Chairman, Hospital Committee, Lehigh Valley Dental Society
2000 – President, American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry
2000 – Co-chairman of Continuing Education, American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry (ASAASD); and Co-director for the workshop and seminars “Sedation and General Anesthesia” sponsored by ASAASD and held annually at St. Joseph Hospital/Seton Hall University and New York Medical College-Westchester Medical Centre. Course designated by American Dental Association to credential and to prepare the dentists in the U.S. to meet state licensure requirements for anesthesia permit.
2000 – Co-chairman of Continuing Medical Education, International College of Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics. With seminars and workshops held every year, this course has been accredited by American Medical Association and New York State Boards of Medicine and Dentistry to credential licensed physicians and dentists to meet licensure requirements for acupuncture permit.
2002-2003 Co-leader of Mind-Body Intervention Workshop Group, Complementary and Alternative Medicine Education Program, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
1975 – 1979 Chief of Dental and Oral Surgery, Murdock Medical Center, NY
1974 – 1975 Director of Dental Division, Mental Retardation Institute, New York Medical College
1975 -2012 Attending, Active Medical Staff, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA
1975 – Consultant, Division of Dentistry, Sacred Heart Hospital, Allentown, PA
1976 – 2012 Attending Teaching Staff, Dental General Practice Residency Program, Muhlenberg Medical Center, Bethlehem, PA
1978 – 1981 Consultant, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung Medical College, Taipei, R.O.C.
1984 – 1999 Director of General Practice Residency Program in Dentistry, Lehigh Valley Hospital, PA—Pennsylvania State University Milton Hershey Medical School Affiliate
1990 – 1999 Chairman of Dental Education Committee, Lehigh Valley Hospital, PA
1999 – 2012 Director of Medical and Dental Externship Education, Department of Dentistry, Lehigh Valley Hospital –Pennsylvania State University – Milton Hershey School of Medicine Affiliate,
2001 – 2012 Chief, Division of Special Care in Dentistry, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine
2012- Teaching staff, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center-New York Medical College, Paterson
1964 Certificate in Acupuncture, and Member of The Chinese Acupuncture Association, Taiwan, Since 1965
1974 Certified Fellow in General Anesthesia, Designated By The American Dental Society Of Anesthesiology After Passing Certification Examination
1994 Certified In Clinical Hypnosis, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
2002 Diplomate (General Anesthesiology), National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
PENNSYLVANIA, NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, MARYLAND, MAINE
Unrestricted Anesthesia Permit licensed in the State of Pennsylvania to administer general anesthesia and conscious sedation; Acupuncture license, New York state Board of Medicine and Dentistry
Awards and Honors:
1969 Honorary Citizen of Indianapolis, Indiana, Appointed by Mayor Richard G. Lugar and late U.S. Senator, and Chairman of Foreign Relation Committee
1971 Senior Honors Certificate in Hospital Dentistry, Indiana University
1971 Honors Certificate in Prosthodontics for Congenital Maxillary Defects, Indiana University
1971 Senior Honors Certificate in Acquired Maxillary Defects Prosthesis, Indiana University
1971 Honors Certificate in Microbiology in Dental Profession, Indiana University
1971 X-L Honors Certificate in Public Health, Indiana University
1974 – Fellow in General Anesthesia, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
1974 – Fellow, International College of Dentists (F.I.C.D.)
1974 – Fellow, Royal Society of Health (F.R.S.H.), Great Britain, elected by the council of the Royal Society on Dec. 31, 1974.
1975 – Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry (F.A.G.D.)
1981 – 1998 Fellow, Royal Society of Medicine, England, nominated and elected by the Royal Society General Assembly on July 7, 1981.
1998 – F.I.C.A.E.: Fellow, International College of Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics
1998 – Distinguished Practitioner, elected March 1998 by National Academies of Practice in Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Optometry, Osteopathic Medicine, Podiatric Medicine, Psychology, Social Work and Veterinary Medicine (Founded in 1981, the National Academies provide an advisory function to Congress and the Executive Branch of U.S. Government)
1999 – 2001 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Certificates of Appreciation Award for teaching medical students
Memberships in Professional and Scientific Societies:
1971 – American Dental Association
1974 – American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
1971 – Academy of General Dentistry
1974 – Royal Society of Health (Britain)
1986 – 2011 American Association of Hospital Dentists
1981 – 1998 Royal Society of Medicine (England)
1992 – American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry
1996 – American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
1975 – Lehigh Valley Dental Society
1984 – 1987 New York Academy of Science
1995 – Pennsylvania Dental Association
1993 – Editorial Reviewer for manuscripts, and book reviewer (section on pain & anxiety control and behavioral sciences). J. Gen. Dent., Academy of General Dentistry
2000 – 2004 Manuscript Reviewer, National Academies of Practice Forum: Issues in Interdisciplinary Care
2000 – Editorial Board, International Journal of Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research
2013- 2014 Lead Guest Editor-in-Chief for the Special Issue of the Journal, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
2015- Editorial Reviewer of Manuscript, Journal of Pharmacy Research and Practice
2016- Editorial Board, Scientific Pages of Anesthesia and Pain Management
2017- Editor-in-Chief, Scientific Journal of Anesthesia and Pain Management
Miller, C., Lu, D.P., Crimmel, J., Bactericidal efficiency of some antimicrobial chemicals, J. Dent. Res. 52(1):184, Jan-Feb. 1973.
Lu, D.P., The hospital as the site for acupuncture research, Part I, J. Hosp. Dent. Prac. (fore-runner of J. Special Care Dentistry) 7(4):123-126, 4th Q. 1978.
Lu, D.P., The hospital as the site for acupuncture research, Part II, J. Hosp. Dent. Prac. (fore-runner of J. Special Care Dentistry) 8(1):10-15, 1979.
Oikawa, K., Cavaglia, A., Lu, D.P., Laband Syndrome, J. Oral. Surg. 37(2):120-122, Feb.1979.
Lu, D.P., Zambito, R., Aerosols and cross infection in dental practice, J. Gen. Dent. 29(2):136-143, March-April 1981.
Lu, D.P., Clinical investigation of relative indifference to pain among adolescent mental retardates, J. Dent. Child. 48(4):285-288, Jul-Aug. 1981.
Lu, D.P., Halitosis: An etiologic classification, a treatment approach and prevention, Oral Surg., Oral Med., Oral Path. 54(5):521-526, Nov. 1982.
Lu, D.P., Reduction of crown height as an alternative to surgical intervention to increase maxillomandibular space for prosthodontics for debilitated patients, J. Special Care Dent. 2(1):31-33, Jan-Feb. 1982.
Lu, D.P., Chairside replacement of fractured clasp for removal partial denture, J. Prosthet. Dent. 49(2):282-285, Feb. 1983.
Lu, D.P., Differential diagnosis and treatment of common intra-oral lesions, J. Gen. Dent. 32(5):411-421, Sept-Oct. 1984.
Lu, D.P., Intentional replantation of periodontally involved and endodontically mistreated teeth, Oral Surg., Oral Med., Oral Path. 61(5):508-513, May 1986.
Lu, D.P., Bad Breath, Part I, DMD: Dentist’s Medical Digest 10(10):1-7, Oct. 1988.
Lu, D.P., Bad Breath, Part II, DMD: Dentist’s Medical Digest 10(11):1-9, Nov. 1988.
Lu, D.P., Construction of temporary fixed partial dentures with prefabricated polycarbonated temporary crowns, J. Gen. Dent. 36(5):400-401, Sept-Oct. 1988.
Lu, D.P., Restoration of carious exposed abutment teeth to fit existing fixed partial denture, J. Prosthet. Dent. 60(6):678-681, Dec. 1988.
Lu, D.P., Bad Breath: Causes and treatments, J. Pharmacy Times 55(7):49-55, July 1989.
Lu, D.P., Intramuscular sedation in dentistry, Compend. 12(9):628-639, 1991.
Lu, D.P., The use of chemomechanic caries removal system and glass ionomer cement to restore caries under the crown of fixed partial denture for special care patients, J. Special Care Dent. 12(6):255-258, 1992.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Acupuncture anesthesia/analgesia for pain and anxiety control in dental practice, Part I: Therapy and Application, Compend. 14(2):182-190, 1992.
Lu, D.P., Acupuncture anesthesia/analgesia for pain and anxiety control in dental practice, Part II: Techniques, Compend. 14(4):464-472, 1993.
Lu, D.P., Combination technique for treating apprehensive patients, Pain Control in Dentistry. 21(2):9-16, 1993.
Lu, D.P., The use of hypnosis for smooth sedation induction and reduction of postoperative violent emergence from anesthesia in pediatric dental patients, J. Dent Child, 61(3):182-186, 1994.
Lu, D.P., Alternative method for removing old gutta percha from root canal, NY State Dent J, 60(5):31-33, 1994.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Reed, J.F., Safety, efficacy, and acceptance of intramuscular sedation: assessment of 900 dental cases, Compend. 15(11):1348-1362, 1994.
Lu, D.P., Use of Acupuncture and hypnosis for the treatment of pain and anxiety in dentistry, J. Pain Control in Dent., 22(2):10-13, 1994.
Lu, D.P., Hersh, E.V., Intracanal dissolution of Sargenti Paste, NY State Dent J., 60(6):434, 1994.
Lu, D.P., Unique technique allows for removal of gutta percha by bulk from root canals, GP, 3(12):153-161, Dec. 1994.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Hersh, E.V., Augmenting sedation with hypnosis in drug-dependent patients, Anesth Prog., 42:139-143, 1995.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Hypnosis and pharmacological sedation for medically compromised patients, Compend. 17(1):32-40, Jan. 1996.
Lu, D.P., Clinical comparison of various intramuscular sedation agents and their reversal drugs, J. Pain Control in Dent. 25(1):29-31, 1997.
Lu, D.P., Qi (Chi) in Chinese medicine, its origin, types, distributions and manifestation. International J. Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research, 23(3/4): 266-268, 1998.
Lu, D.P., Clinical Comparison of anti-emetic effect between acupuncture and acupressure for treatment of post-sedation nausea among dental patients. International J. Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research, 23(1):60-62, 1998.
Lu, D.P., Anti-gagging effects, Bull Lehigh Valley Dent. Soc., 2(3):20-27, 2000.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Clinical management of the needle-phobia acupuncture patients requiring acupuncture therapy. International J. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research, 24(3/4):189-201, 2000.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Reed, J.F., Using acupuncture/acupressure to treat gagging dental patients: a clinical study of anti-gagging effects, J. Gen. Dent. 48(4):446-452, 2000.
Lu, D.P., Recent controversies over dental patients receiving Coumadin therapy. J Pain Control in Dent. 28(1):44-52, 2000.
Lu, D.P., Zambito, R.F., Shortage of rural dental manpower and suggestions for Potential solutions, National Acad. Of Pract. Forum, 3(2):211-216, 2000.
Lu, D.P., Dental consideration of patients taking anti-coagulants, Valley Forge Dent. J. p. 13-15, Winter 2001.
Lu, D.P., How to conduct a skin test for allergens, J. Pain Control in Dent., 29(2): 36-37, 2001
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., L. Kleinman, Acupuncture and clinical hypnosis for facial and head and neck pain: a single crossover comparison, Am. J. Clin. Hypnosis, 44(2):141-148, 2001.
Lu, D.P., Dental management of patients allergic to local anesthetics, J. Pain Control in Dent., 29(2):32-36, 2001.
Lu, D.P., Managing patients with local anesthetic complications using alternative methods, PA Dental J., 69(3):23-29, 2002.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Comparison of the nausea-relieving effects of Droperidol and acupuncture/acupressure on sedated dental patients, Am. J. Traditional Chinese Med., 4(2):12-14, 2003.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Anatomical relevance of some acupuncture points in the head and neck region that dictate medical or dental application depending on depth of needle insertion, Intern. J. Acupuncture and Electro-Therap., 28(3,4):145-156, 2004.
Lu, D.P., Clinical effects of Gua-Sha to induce Petechiae Rashes along the acupuncture meridian system, Am. J. Tradit Chinese Med., 5(2):28-31, 2004.
Lu, D.P., Tests for local anesthetic allergy, Valley Forge Dent. J., p.14-16, Winter, 2004.
Lu, D.P., Lu, P.K., Lu, G.P., Lu, W.I., Managing acute withdrawal syndrome on patients with heroin and morphine addiction by acupuncture therapy, International J. Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research, 29 (3/4):187-195, 2004.
Lu, D. P. History and outlook of American contribution to pain and anxiety control. Chinese J. of Practical Stomatology, 21(6):858-60, 2005.
Lu, D. P., Lu, G.P., For a better therapeutic result: Taking medication in Correspondence with correct timing of Qi circulation in acupuncture meridian system. Int J. Acupunct & Electro-Therapeut Res. 31(1/2):184-86, 2006.
Lu, D.P., Lu, W.I., Lu, G.P., Lu, P.K., The Americanization of Traditional Chinese Medicine & some issues of major concern. Am J. Tradit Chinese Med. 7(2): 64-70. 2006.
Lu, D.P., Lu, W.I., Practical oral sedation in dentistry, Part I pre-sedation consideration and preparation. Compend Contin Educ Dent 27 (8): 453-61. 2006.
Lu, D.P., Lu, W.I.,Practical oral sedation, Part II Clinical application of various oral sedatives and discussion. Compend Contin Educ Dent 27 (9): 500-08. 2006.
Lu, D. P., Lu, G. P., Experimentation with & acceptance of acupuncture therapy in Europe & America : An historical overview. Am J. Tradit Chinese Med. 7 (2); 54-57. 2006.
Lu,D.P., Lu.G.P. Clinical application of hypnosis for management of needle phobia patients, Pain Control in Dentistry, 31(2):41-42, 2006
Lu, D.P., Lu,W.I., Oral sedation revisited, Pain control in Dent, 31(2):9-33, 2006
Lu, D.P., Prosthodontic management of angular cheilitis and persistent drooling. Compend Contin Educ Dent 28 (10):572-577, 2007.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Lu, W.I., Anxiety control of dental patients by clinical combination of acupuncture, Bi-digital O-Ring test, and eye movement desensitization with sedation via submucosal route, International J. Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research, 32 (1/2):115-30, 2007.
Omura, Y., Chen, Y., Lu, D.P., Shimotsuura, Y., Ohki, M., Duvvi, H., Anatomical relationship between traditional acupuncture point ST 36 and Omura’s ST 36 with their therapeutic effects: 1) Inhibition of cancer cell division by markedly lowering cancer cells telomere while increasing normal cell telomere and 2) Improving circulatory disturbances, with reduction of abnormally high triglyceride, L-homocystine, and CRP of cardiac troponin 1 and T in blood by the stimulation of Omura’s ST 36, part 1. Int J Acup & Electro-therapeutics Res,32 (1-2):15-30, 2007.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Lu, P., Comparing the clinical effects of varying locations of LI 4 Acupoint, Int. J Acup and Electro-therapeutics Res, 33(3/4):135-144, 2008.
Omura, Y, Lu, D.P., Horiuchi N, Jones MK, et al. Temporary anti-cancer & anti-pain effects of mechanical stimulation of any one of 3 front teeth (1st incisor, 2nd incisor & canine) of right & left side of upper & lower jaws and their possible mechanism & relatively long term disappearance of pain & cancer parameters by one optimal dose of DHEA, Astragalus, Boswellia Serrata, often with press needle stimulation of True ST. 36. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2009; 34(3-4):175-203.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Lu, P.M. Clinical effectiveness of acupuncture for mandibular subluxation and dislocation. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2010; 35(3-4):187-92.
Omura, Y, Lu, D.P., Hines, H., Jones, M., et al. Metal Ring on 4th or 5th Finger Markedly Increases both Cardiac Troponin I at Left Ventricle and Cancer-Related Parameters such as Oncogen C-fosAb2 & Integrin by 4-12 times. Thus These Metal Rings Appear to Promote both Heart Problems & Cancer. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2010; 35(1-2):45-69.
Lu, D.P., Lu, W.I., Lu, G.P. Phenytoin (Dilantin) and acupuncture therapy in the treatment of intractable oral and facial pain. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2011;36(1-2):65-84.
Omura, Y, Lu, D.P., Jones, M., et al. New clinical findings on the longevity gene in disease, health, & longevity: Sirtuin 1 often decreases with advanced age & serious diseases in most parts of the human body, while relatively high & constant Sirtuin 1 regardless of age was first found in the hippocampus of supercentenarians. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2011; 36(3-4):287-309.
Lu, D.P., Wu, P.S., Lu, W.I. Sedating pediatric dental patients by oral Ketamine with Alternative Bi-lateral Stimulation of Eye Movement Desensitization, and minimizing adverse reaction of Ketamine by acupuncture and Bi-Digital O-Ring Test. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2012;37(2-3):103-23.
Lu, G.P., Lu, D.P. How do you Treat Bell’s Palsy in Your Practice? Medical Acupuncture 2012; 24(3):1.
Lu, D.P., Wu, P.S., Lu, W.I. Sedating the apprehensive debilitated patients for dental procedures by combining parenteral sedation and hypnosis with supplemental acupuncture therapy. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2012; 37(1):49-62.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P. An historical review and perspective on the impact of acupuncture on US medicine and society. Medical acupuncture 2013; 25(5):311-16.
Xu, L., Xu, H., Gao, W., Lu, D.P., et al. Treating angina pectoris by acupuncture therapy. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2013; 38(1-2):17-35.
Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P. A comparison of the clinical effectiveness of various acupuncture points in reducing anxiety to facilitate hypnotic induction.(Translated into French, German and Spanish languages by, and available from the Journal’s Editorial Office), International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis 2013; 61(3):271-81.
Lu, D.P. Influence of I-Ching (Yijing, or The Book of Changes) on Chinese medicine, philosophy and science. Acupuncture & Electro-therapeutics research 2013; 38(1-2):77-133.
Lu, W.I., Lu, D.P. Impact of Chinese herbal medicine on American society and health care system: perspective and concern. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2014; 2014.
Lu, D.P., Omura, Y., Lu, W.I. An Integrated approach to individualize optimal dose estimation of medication by means of dosing adjustment measures and Bi-Digital O-Ring Test. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2014;39(1):1-25.
Lu, D.P., Wu, P.S., Panik, G. To choose the proper antibiotic regimen between the old and new antimicrobial agents and to determine the optimum dosage with Bi-Digital O-Ring Test. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2014; 39(2):183-201.
Lu, D.P., Chen, Y., Xu, L., Lee, L.M. Editorial, Eastern Medicine: From Nutritional Supplements to Cancer Research. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2014/817126; 2014.
Lu, D.P., Wu, P.S. Using double occlusion checking system and Bi-digital O-Ring Test to determine the vertical dimension of occlusion for maxillofacial prosthodontics for patients with long-term pathophysiological condition. Acupuncture & electro-therapeutics research 2015; 40(1):17-33.
Omura, Y., Lu, D.P., Jones,M., Nihrane, A., Duvvi, H., Shimotzuura, Y., Ohki,M., Early detection on autism by a quick non-invasive measurement of markedly reduced acetylcholine and DHEA, and by an increase beta- amyloid(I-41), asbestos(chrysotile), titanium dioxide , Al, Hg, and the coaxing virus infections(CMV,HPV 16 and 18) together with bacterial infections etc. In the brain, and the effective corresponding treatment , Intern J Acupunct & Electro-therap Res 40(3):157-188, 2015
Omura,Y., Lu,D.P., Young,B., Jones, M., Nihrane, A., Duvvi,H., Shimotsuura,Y.,New non-invasive, quick and safe method of detecting various cancers by detecting from the rising T-wave of recorded ECGs and from QRS complex and by screening along their biochemical parameters and the therapeutic effects of cancer treatments from the recorded ECG of the patient. Intern J Acupunct & Electro-therap Res. 40(1): 1-16, 2015
Lu, D.P., Lu. G.P., Wu. P.S., Acupuncture in conjunction with drug therapy In the treatment of glossopharyngeal neuralgia, Scientific Pages Anesth & Pain Manag 2017, 1(1): 1-6.
- 口服药物镇静的实际操作及注意事项(Practical oral sedation, Part 1, translated into Chinese by Liu Bing, Hsu hao, Zhang Hui, Xu Lixuan)，卢博一，刘冰，徐浩，张惠，徐礼鲜，实用口腔医学杂志 (Chinese Journal of Practical Somatology)，2015（1）：141-144. ，卢博一，刘冰，徐浩，张惠，徐礼鲜，实用口腔医学杂志，2015（1）：141-144.
- 口服镇静药在口腔疾病治疗中的临床应用(Practical oral sedation, Part 2, translated by Liu Bing, Hsu Hao, Zhang Hui, Xu Lixan，卢博一，刘冰，徐浩，张惠，徐礼鲜，实用口腔医学杂志(Chinese Journal of Practical Stomatology，2015（2）：448-450 Abstracts:Lu, D.P., Characteristics of acupuncture anesthesia in dentistry and advantages of acupuncture anesthesia over local anesthesia, Intern. J. Acup. & Elect-Therap. Res., 25(3/4):227, 2000. Lu, D.P., Bi-digital O-Ring test for lie detection, Intern. J. Acup. & Elect-Therap Res., 25(3/4): 255-56, 2000. Lu, D.P., Pre-testing for the proper sedative agents and dosages to prevent untoward Complications during sedation. J. Japan BDORT Medical Society p. 108-110. July 2002.Lu, D.P., Relating Bi-digital O-Ring Test to the organ representation of tongue and tooth with the clinical effects of Gua-sha (scraping) by inducing petechiae along the acupuncture meridian systems, J. Acup.& Elect-Therap. Res., 29(3/4):272-273, 2004.Lu, D.P., 10th anniversary of the BDORT introductory program for health science students at hospitals and universities, Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research The International Journal. 31(3/4):279-282.2006. 31(3/4):283-284. 2006.Lu, D.P., Synchronizing drug therapy with timing of Qi circulation in the meridian channel. Japanese BDORT Medical Journal, p134-137. 2006.Omura, Y, Horiuchi N, Jones, M, Shimotsuura Y., Lu, D.P.,Duvvi, H., Ohki, M., Suetsugu, A., Temporary disappearance of pain & cancer activity by mechanical stimulation of any one of 3 front teeth (1st incisor, 2nd incisor & canine) of mechanism as the result of increased DHEA. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research The International Journal 34(3/4) p228-230.2009.Lu, D.P., Clinical combination of acupuncture, eye movement desensitization and BDORT with parenteral sedation for pain and anxiety control. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research, International Journal.,(35(3/4):240-241. 2010.Lu, D.P., On mechanism of Bi-digital O-Ring Medical Test:another plausible explanation through conscious awareness via visual pathways, J. Acup & Electro-therap Res., 35(3/4):205-210, 2010Lu, D.P. Using BDORT to select the compatible sedatives to minimize morbidity and mortality, J. Acup & Electr-therap Res., 36(1/2):99-100, 2011Omura, Y., Lu, D.P., Jones, M., Paluch, K., Nihrane A., Duvvi H., Shimotsuura, Y., Quick screening and diagnosis of heart disease by non-invasive examination of heart representation areas on the face including eyebrow, nose, upper lip, and side of mouth., Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research International Journal of Integrated Medicine.,37(2/3):161-162, 2012.Lu, D.P., Lu, W.I., Sedation during pregnancy. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research International Journal of Integrated Medicine. 37(2/3) 235-237, 2012.Omura, Y., Lu, D.P., Jones, M.K., Palunc, K., Nihrane, A.,, Duvvi, H., Shimotsuura, Y., New Non-invasive, quick diagnosis of bone marrow associated malignancies including various Hodgkin’s lymphoma, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and multiple myeloma without blood test or bone marrow biopsy and new simple, safe and effective treatments. Abstracts and Proceedings of 11th Biennial International Symposium on the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test, Kyoto, Japan. 2012:pp105-106.Lu, D.P. Current opinion in dental anesthesiology, Abstracts of Global Congress of Chinese Dentists. P. 237-238. 2012.Lu, D.P., Sedation during pregnancy by means of acupuncture, Bi-Digital O-Ring Test, and the properly selected medicine. Program and Abstracts of 11th Biennial International Symposium on the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test, Kyoto, Japan p 110-111, 2012.Lu, D.P., Acupuncture therapy for subluxation or dislocation of jaw. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Res Inter J. 39(1):85-86. 2014.Book published: Eastern Medicine from Nutritional Supplements to Cancer Research, Published in 2014 by Hindawi Publishing Corp.Books in progress: Oral Manifestations of Systemic Drug Therapy, Chemical and Plant Poisoning, Animal and Insect Bites. Major Teaching and Clinical Responsibilities:1994 – 2014 Professor and Course Director, Selective on Pain and Anxiety control, School of Dental Medicine. The selective course, open to second and third year students, conveys an overview of traditional methods (oral, intranasal, inhalation, rectal, transdermal and parenteral sedation, and general anesthesia) and how the traditional methods can be combined with nontraditional methods (acupuncture, hypnosis, biofeedback, transcendental meditation, behavior modification, neurolingual programming, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, etc.) to achieve the best sedation results by minimizing adverse effects of sedative drugs used in traditional methods while maximizing the calming and analgesic effects. Lehigh Valley Hospital:1983 – 1999 Director of the General Practice Residency Program Responsible for effectiveness and efficiency of the program; maintaining direct and close supervision of all aspects of the educational program; creating the special care division of dentistry for our residency program, the first such division in the U.S. as noted by American Association of Hospital Dentists; and devoting time to the program to assure that its educational objectives are fulfilled. 2012- Honorary Status(emeritus), Lehigh Valley Hospital/Lehigh Valley Health American students and hospital residents may be assigned to a foreign institution to acquire knowledge and skill in the area where that particular school is well known for; and scholars or residents of foreign countries may arrange to come to the United States for the same purpose. Lectures by Invitation September 16, 1973 “Acupuncture Anesthesia in Dentistry” Triboro Hospital Queens County Hospital, New York December 20,21, 1978 “Intravenous Sedation for Restorative Dentistry” National Taiwan University – Taipei Dental SocietyDecember 27,29, 1978 “Dentistry for Medically Compromised Patients” Chang Gung Memorial Hospital – Taipei Medical CollegeOctober 23-27, 1983 “Hospital Structure and Hospital Administration in U.S. Peking Medical College, ChinaMay 20, 1985 Symposium – “Dynamics in the Oral Cavity” Royal Society of Medicine – London, EnglandNovember 29, 1986 “Chairside Repair of Fractured Clasp for Partial Denture” Greater New York Dental MeetingDecember 1, 1992 “Combinations of Techniques for Treating Apprehensive Patients,” Greater New York Dental Meeting April 20, 1996 “Comparative Study of Anti-Emetic Effect Between Droperidol and Acupuncture/Acupressure for Treatment of post-operative Nausea. American Dental Society of AnesthesiologyDecember 3, 1996 “Safety, Efficacy and Acceptance of Intramuscular Sedation,” American Society for the Advancement of Anesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry–American Analgesia Society, Greater New York Dental meetingOctober 9, 1998 “Intravenous and Intramuscular sedation,” New York Medical College sponsored by Dept. of General Anesthesia and Dept. of DentistryOctober 22, 25, 1998 “Effects of P6 Neikuan Point on Gagging Dental Patients,” Fourteenth Annual International Symposium on Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics, Columbia University School of International and Public AffairsDecember 1, 1998 “Hypnosis and Oral Sedation,” Greater New York Dental meetingOctober 30, 1999 “Diagnosis and Treatment by Inducing Petechiae Rash Along Meridian System,” 15th Annual International Symposium on Acupuncture, Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs.July 21-23, 2000 “The Local Anesthetic Effects on the Radiographic Results of Bi-Digital O-Ring Test,” 4th International Symposium on Bi-Digital O-Ring Medical Test, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan. November 28, 2000 “Sedation and Acupressure: Treating the Gagging Patients,” Greater N.Y. Dental Meeting. July 20-22, 2002 “Bi-Digital O-Ring Test for dosage, allergy, and drug compatibility” Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan October 19, 2003 “Anatomical Relevance of Some Acupuncture Points in the Head and Neck Region that Dictates Medical Application, Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs, N.Y.1996 – 2004 Lecture “Behavioral Management” to University of Pennsylvania Sophomore dental students on yearly basis in February as per request from Dr. Herman Segal, the Associate Dean of Community Affairs.September 24, 2005 Modern concept of sedation and anesthesia, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, ChinaSept.2-4, 2006 “10th Anniversary of BDORT Introductory Program for Health Science Students at American Hospitals and Universities” Tokyo University, School of Medicine, JapanSeptember 4, 2006 For a better therapeutic effect: taking medication in synchronization with Qi circulation in the meridian system, Tokyo University, JapanNovember 1, 2008 “Using BDORT to pre-test an optimum antibiotic dosage, Columbia University School of International and Public AffairsNovember 2, 2008 Identifying latex glove allergy with BDORT, presented at Columbia University, New York December 1-4, 2010 History of American contribution to anesthesia and sedation, Global Congress of Chinese Dentists, Amoy, ChinaSept. 22, 2011 Painless Dentistry, Nanjing Medical University, ChinaDecember 3, 2013 Sedation during pregnancy, Greater New York Dental MeetingOctober 10, 2014 Clinical combination of acupuncture, behavioral desensitization, ABLS and parenteral sedation for anxiety control, Keynote Speaker, 7th European Congress for Integrative Medicine, Belgrade, SerbiaOctober 14, 2014 Keynote Speaker, Symposium on Integrative Health Sciences, Alma Mater European Center, Maribor Hotel Jelovica, Bled, SloveniaOctober 28, 2016 Intramuscular sedation Saint Joseph’s Regional Medical Center/New York Medical College April 28, 2017 Submucosal sedation, Saint Joseph’s Regional Medical Center/New York Medical CenterSeptember 22,23,24, 2017 Anatomical base of Bi-digital O-ring Test and its application in Medicine and dentistry 1975-2012 Since 1975, the following lecture series has been presented on the monthly basis to the dental residents of Sacred Heart Hospital, Muhlenberg Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital: Admission Procedure: History and physical, lab studies and interpretation of lab results.Dental-Medical Consultation in Hospital: answering or requesting a consultation and its write-up; reason for consult, clinical exam, impressions, treatment plan preparation and presentation of Dental Grand Round. Differential diagnosis of intra-oral lesions commonly seen in the hospitals. Halitosis: local and systemic etiology, differential diagnosis and managements. Dental management of special care patients (Part I)—Dental management of patients with pacemaker, past heart attack, prosthetic joint, prosthetic heart valve, coronary bypasses, renal disease and patients receiving hemodialysis and kidney transplant, radiation and chemotherapy. Dental management of the special care patients (part III) who are pregnant, hypertensive, hyperthyroid, diabetic, asthma, emphysema, congestive heart failure, rheumatic heart, heart murmur, hepatitic, stroke, leukemia, pheochromocytome, Cushings disease, Addisons disease, hemophiliacs, sickle cell anemia. Differential Diagnosis and managements of various odontogenic pain. Precision attachment prosthodontic: I-C attachment, Strauss, Stern “stress-breaker” attachment, Dalbo attachment, Intra-coronal attachment, Semi-precision attachment (Shera attachment). (Residents are urged to make one precision attachment of his choice during residency period). ElectrosurgeryClinical tips of minor oral surgery(sectioning tooth for extraction, using endodontic file to remove root tips, incision & suturing, etc.)Introduction to Inhalation Analgesia, and oral premedication sedation, intravenous sedation, common sedation agents and reversal drugsIntramuscular sedation and submucosal sedation via vestibular fornix. Hypnosis, EMDR(Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), EMI(Eye Movement Integration), ABLS(Alternative Bi-lateral Stimulation) and their applications in dentistry.Dental General Anesthesiology1992- 2013 The course of Behavioral Management and the Selective Course on Pain and Anxiety Control through Traditional & Non-Traditional modalities are offered at University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine on regular basis at sister schools affiliated with UPenn School Medical University, I was instrumental in establishing the Workshops have been held every year ever since. Academic Committees:
- first Sedation Training Center for China. The Sedation
- of Dental Medicine. In 2006, at the request of Fourth Military
- 2006- Teaching Pain & Anxiety Control, and Sedation Anesthesia
- Combining traditional and non-traditional sedation modalities for pain and anxiety control for drug addicts, medically compromised and combative children.
- Intranasal sedation, transdermal sedation.
- Acupuncture/acupressure anesthesia and analgesia and their application in dentistry.
- Evaluation of patient: Patient’s health as related to pain and anxiety control, pre-existing problem and their medication.
- Radectomy, Hemisection, and Replantation
- Magnetic, telescopic, Hader bar and rider system, Dolder bar, Gerber stud attachment, Gmur attachment, Ackermann bar. (Residents are urged to make one overdenture of his choice before completion of residency).
- Dental management of the special care patients (Part IV)—Dental management of patient who receives antiaginals, cardiotonics, diuretics, antispasmodics, anticholinergics, corticoids, anticoagulants, immunosuppressants, antineoplastics, tranquilizers, antidepressants, methadone.
- Dental management of the special care patients (Part II)—Dental management of patients who are mentally retarded, epileptic, deaf, blind, cerebral palsy, emotionally disturbed, handicapped, geriatric, and psychiatric.
- Drugs and Diseases: Those which may precipitate emergency or serious complications for dental patient.
- O.R. Routine: Preparation of hands and arms for sterile and non-sterile procedures. Preparation of patients, immediate post-op treatment, post-op orders, operation-dictation or write-up, discharge summary.
- Hospital utilization for dental procedures: General concept.
- August 16, 2017 Non-pharmacological sedation, Beijing University, Beijing, China
- November 29, 2016 Behavioral management through acupuncture, hypnosis, EMDR, and ABLS, Greater New York Dental Meeting
- May 1-2, 2015 Double occlusion checking system for Oro-maxillofacial Prosthodontic construction, International Symposium of Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- October 11, 2014 Effective acupoints for patients with Bell’s Palsy, 7th European Congress for Integrative Medicine, Belgrade Serbia
- May 6-8, 2014 Sedation through integrative approach, Stomatological Hospital of Yin Chuan, Ningxia, China
- November 29, 2011 Anxiety control by traditional and non-traditional methods, Greater New York Dental Meeting
- Sept 11, 2011 Traditional and Non-traditional sedation, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China
- 2010- Annual Sedation Workshops, Fourth Military Medical University School of Stomatology
- November 2, 2008 Choosing the proper antibiotic regimen and determining The optimal dosage with BDORT, presented at the International Symposium of Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics, Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs, New York
- November 4, 2007 Identifying the varying locations of LI4 acupoints, Columbia University, New York
- Septeber 2, 2006 “BDORT Detection of abnormal and normal state of Qi Circulation in the human body” Tokyo University School of Medicine, Japan
- September 27, 2005 Advancement of Sedation and Anesthesiology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi’an, China
- Nov. 6-8, 2004 “ My experience of emergency BDORT evaluation of Medical Problems through the use of long distance phone line with Dr. Omura”, Waseda University, Japan
- November 29, 2003 “Acupuncture and Clinical Hypnosis for Facial and Neck Pain,” Greater New York Dental Meeting.
- December 1, 2002 “Oral Sedation in Dental Practice,” Greater New York Dental Meeting.
- November 29, 2001 “Dental Application of Bi-digital O-Ring Test,” Greater New York Dental Meeting.
- March 21, 2000 “Acupuncture/Acupressure for Pain and Anxiety Control,” Hanover-Gettysburg Dental Society.
- November 27, 1999 “New Method of Detecting Dental and Oro-facial Abnormality by Means of Bi-digital O-ring Test,” Greater New York Dental meeting.
- October 27, 1999 “Intramuscular Sedation,” Workshop in Sedation Course by American Association for the Advancement of Anesthesia in Dentistry and St. Joseph Hospital; Paterson, NJ
- November 16, 1998 “Oral Premedication,” Lehigh Valley Dental Assistant Association
- October 22-25, 1998 “Qi (Chi) in Chinese Medicine,” Fourteenth Annual International Symposium on Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics, Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs
- October 23-26, 1997 “Clinical Comparison of Anti-Emetic Effect Between Acupuncture and Acupressure for Treatment of Post-Sedation Nausea among Dental Patients,”Thirteenth Annual International Symposium on Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics, Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs
- December 1, 1998 Clinical Hypnosis and Its Application in Dentistry, Greater New York Dental Meeting
- November 30, 1993 “Acupuncture for the Treatment of Pain and Anxiety; Its Use in Dealing with TMJ and Trigeminal Neuralgias,” Greater New York Dental Meeting
- February 18, 1987 “Dental Care for Geriatric Population” Ontelaunee Lions Club, Lehigh Valley, PA
- October 14, 1985 “Prevention and Treatment of Oral Cancer” Chinese Women’s Club of Lehigh Valley, PA
- October 28-29, 1983 “Hospital Utilization for Dentists” Peking Medical College, China
- June 1, 1981 “Use of I-C Attachment for Removable Prosthesis” Pennsylvania Dental Association Convention
- December 22,24, 1978 “Overdenture and Various Precision Attachment” Chang Gung Memorial Hospital – Taipei Medical College
- December 15,16, 1978 “Intramuscular Sedation for General Restorative Dentistry” National Taiwan University – Taipei Dental Society
- November 10, 1975 “Dental Application of Acupuncture and Moxibusture” Lehigh County Dental Society
- April 12, 1972 “Acupressure for Relief of Common Pain” Physician’s Wives’ Society of New York
- October 25, 1969 “Dentistry as I See It” Rotary Club, Greenfield, Indiana.
- 1984- As the Chief Coordinator of the International Dental Education Development Program, some of my activities involve arranging scholastic exchange programs between the United States, England, China, and Singapore, as well as serving as Adviser to the Directors and the Chief Executive Administrators of these exchange institutions. The program involves the exchange of professors, hospital residents, and undergraduate and graduate students on a short-term or long-term basis.
- 1999 – 2012 Director of Medical and Dental Externship Programs, Department of Dentistry, appointed by the Lehigh Valley Hospital Board of Trustees. Responsibilities include developing the curriculum for medical students from Pennsylvania State University Hershey School of Medicine who rotate to our department. Since 1994, I have also overseen dental externs from the University of Pennsylvania to ascertain that their overall educational goals and requirements are met at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Muhlenberg Hospital during their hospital rotation.
- 1975 – 2012 Attending teaching staff
- 1995 -2010 Guest Lecturer, Behavioral Management, School of Dental Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania:
- Lu, D.P., Wu, P.S., In combination with BDORT, acupuncture and phenytoin for the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia, 11th Biennial International Symposium on the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test, Kyoto, Japan p 112-114, 2014.
- Lu, D.P., The history and contribution of U.S. dental sedation and anesthesia. Abstract of Global Congress of Chinese Dentists. P 191, 2012.
- Omura, Y., Lu, D.P., Jones, M.K., Paluch, K., Nihrane, A., Duvvi, H., Shimotsuura, y., Quick screening and diagnosis of heart disease by non-invasive examination of heart representation areas on the face. Abstracts and Proceedings of 11th Biennial International Symposium on the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test, Kyoto, Japan. 2012:pp107-108.
- Omura, Y, Lu, D.P., Jones, M, Duvvi, H., Shimotsuura, Y., Ohki, K. M, New clinical findings on the longevity gene in disease, health, & Longevity: sirtuin 1 often decreases with advanced age & serious diseases in most parts of the human body. 11th Biennial International Symposium on the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test, Program & Abstracts, Kyoto International Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan: 2012 pp102-104
- Lu, D.P., Wu, P. In combination with BDORT, acupuncture and phenytoin for the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research, International Journal of Integrated Medicine. 37(2/3). 178-180.2012.
- Lu, D.P., How do you treat Bell’s Palsy in your practice. Medical Acupuncture, 24(3):194-195, 2012.
- Lu, D.P., Comparative studies of muscles involved in Bi-digital O-Ring Medical Test, J.Acup & Electr-therap Res.,36(1/2):93-98, 2011
- Lu, D.P. Clinical combination of acupuncture, eye movement desensitization, BDORT with parenteral sedation for pain and anxiety control, J. Acup & Electro-therap Res., 35(3/4):240-241,2010
- Lu, D.P., On mechanism of Bi-Digital O-Ring Test: Another plausible explanation through conscious awareness via visual pathways. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research International Journal 35(3/4):205-210.2010.
- Omura, Y, Horiuchi, N, Jones, M, Shimotsuura, Y, Lu, D.P., Duvvi, H, Ohki, M, Suetsugu, A, Temporary disappearance of pain & cancer activity by mechanical Stimulation of any one of 3 front teeth (1st incisor, 2nd incisor & canine) of Mechanism as the result of increased DHEA. International J. Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research, 34(3/4):228-229, 2009.
- Lu, D.P., Teaching BDORT to the medical and dental students and hospital Residents. Japanese BDORT Medical Journal Sept. 2006, p 114-117.
- Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., For better therapeutic result: taking medication in correspondence with the timing of Qi circulation in the acupuncture meridian system. Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research, International Journal
- Lu, D.P., BDORT for detecting false statements in clinical practice, J. Acup.& Elect- Therap. Res., 30(1/2):144-145, 2005.
- Lu, D.P., My experience of emergency BDORT evaluation of urgent medical problems through the use of long distance phone line: a case report, International J. Acup. & Elect-Therap. Res., 29 (3/4):277-280, 2004.
- Lu, D.P., The local anesthetic effects on the radiographic results of Bi-digital O-Ring Test: a comparison before and after injection, Japan J. O-Ring Med. Test, 4:125-126, 2002.
- Lu, D.P., Diagnosis and treatment by inducing petechiae rash along meridian system, Intern. J. Acupuncture & Elect-Therap. Res., 24(3/4):239, 2000.
- Lu, D.P., Lu, G.P., Does anti-emetic P6 Neikuan point also have anti-gagging effect for dental patients? International J. Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research, 23(3/4):269-270, 1998.
- Chief Coordinator of International Dental Education Program, Fairleigh Dickinson University1984 – 99 Residents Selection Committee, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Dental Department
- 1991 – 99 Chairman, Dental Education Committee, Lehigh Valley Hospital Director of Dental Research, Lehigh Valley Hospital
- 1979-87 Consultant, Committee on Pain and Anxiety Control, Department of Oral Surgery, Fairleigh Dickinson University